Sunday, April 1, 2012

Another Chicken Soup for a Chilly Day!

Homemade Chicken Vegetable Soup

Another awesome chicken soup recipe from Marti's Kitchen Concoctions inspired by a chilly windy day in the High Desert.  Once again, I start out with a baked whole chicken that I de-bone and boil the bones to make scrumptious chicken broth and cube some of the pieces of chicken meat to add to the soup after the veggies are cooked.

Boiling Chicken Bones for Soup Broth

Cubed Chicken for Chicken Soup
Organic Vegetables for Chicken Soup





Today's chicken vegetable soup has organic onions, garlic, celery, carrots, red cabbage, broccoli, kale, home grown squash from our fall 2011 garden that I froze, peas, pink salt from the Andes, and last but not least organic salt free spices that I get from Costco!





Chopped Vegetables Ready to Saute
Veggies Simmering in Chicken Broth


After I saute the veggies in a little sunflower or sesame oil, I add some of the chicken broth and simmer them for a little while.  This gives the veggies a chance to really soak up the flavor of the broth, pink salt and salt free spices.





Chicken Vegetable Soup in Crock Pot
I put all the ingredients in a crock pot to simmer on low until time to eat!  A crisp organic lettuce salad goes really well with chicken soup.  I make a great Italian Dressing using organic olive oil, Bragg's raw unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar and those yummy organic spices I get from Costco.  Bon Appetite!

Stay Tuned for Marti's Next Post!

Comments are Welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy and perfect for a chilly spring day. Love the pics and I can see you put some ideas that you learned Saturday to use! looks good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cindy...the blogging seminar was awesome and I got so many questions answered!...little by little...I'm making progress on this blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fantastic soup. Marti's soup is never the same and is always supper delicious. What a great cook. I am sooooo blessed to have such a wonderful cook for a wife.'

    John :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you,John. It is nice to cook for someone that is so appreciative!

    ReplyDelete